Nestled along a residential stretch of Seagirt Boulevard in Far Rockaway, the Seagirt Boulevard Community Garden has been a green fixture in this Queens neighborhood for over two decades. Watch Restoring the Rockaways on PBS. See more from Need To Know. A photograph of the space from 2009 reveals row after row of neatly planted [...]
From NY1 News this afternoon: U.S. Housing and Urban Development Secretary Shaun Donovan said Friday that the government is setting up a program that will allow victims to put off their mortgage payments for up to a year while doing repairs.
Homes ripped apart by Sandy are proving to be magnets for bargain hunters—but not everyone is getting a good deal. (via Climate Desk)
MyFoxNY reports today that Council member Daniel Dromm has warned community members that two openly gay men have been murdered within the span of a week in his district, which includes Jackson Heights, Elmburst, Woodside and Corona. From MyFoxNY: The first murder occurred at 32-23 91st Street on February 3, 2013 and the second murder [...]
Queens Beat Daily
Today's stories delivered straight to your inbox.
- Top 10 best Kosher restaurants and cafes in Queens July 28, 2012
- First day brings excitement, traffic to the borough September 6, 2012
- History Lesson: Who put the ‘Queen’ in Queens? September 5, 2012
- It’s in Queens: Antique motorcycle show coming to Queens Farm Museum September 4, 2012
- Restoring the Rockaways April 26, 2013
- Sandy victims to get mortgage refuge during repairs April 12, 2013
- Teaching science with hip-hop April 8, 2013
- Scouting beachfront homes in the Rockaways March 28, 2013
Queens Beat on Twitter
Follow @queensbeat on Twitter